Date: September 7th, 11am PT
The presentation will provide an overview of learnings from, and resources developed as a part of a two-year project (2020-2021) aimed to promote the engagement of people living with dementia and family/friend caregivers in Advance Care Planning (ACP). The project builds on the proven success of an existing, sustainable, community-led education model co-developed by BC Centre for Palliative Care (BCCPC) to support community organizations facilitate ACP programs for the public. By the end of the presentation, participants will gain:
- understanding of ACP and BCCPC’s community-led education model;
- knowledge of barriers and facilitating factors to engaging people living with early stages of dementia and family/friend caregivers in ACP; and
- awareness of resources developed by the project for community organizations, people living with dementia, and family/friend caregivers in British Columbia.
- Kathy Sheng, Project Manager, ACP Dementia Project, BC Centre for Palliative Care
- Michelle Ouimet, Project Coordinator, BC Centre for Palliative Care
- Myrna Norman, Executive Member, Dementia Advocacy Canada