Ana Bokstrom – Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 217, New Denver, BC V0G 1S0
401 Galena Ave.
“The goal of the New Denver Hospice Society is to support the quality of living while in the process of dying and a healthy transition through grief for the bereaved.”
New Denver Hospice Society Mission Statement
New Denver Hospice Society supports quality of living while in the process of dying and supports a healthy transition through grief for the bereaved.
Our Purpose is to:
- Select, train, and provide ongoing education and support to volunteers.
- Provide a thorough assessment of client and family needs related to hospice care, including advance care planning.
- Refer volunteers to clients and families seeking assistance.
- Provide emotional and practical support to clients and their families during the final stages of illness through regular and extended visits by trained volunteers.
- Provide bereavement follow-up.
- Organize ongoing education about hospice/palliative care for voluntary and professional caregivers as well as interested members of the community.
- Cooperate and communicate among hospice societies in the area and maximize resources.
- Recognize the value of and participate in the local, provincial and national hospice/palliative care communities. Memberships will be obtained in the CHPCA and the BCHPCA.
- Raise awareness of services and resources and keep abreast of new developments.
The communities represented by the New Denver Hospice Society are Silverton, New Denver, Hills, and Rosebery.